Saturday 2 March 2013

Educate a girl and you educate the family: Parineeti Chopra


I always wanted to be associated with the cause of girl child and would have done so even if I was not an actress. Being a girl, I want a safer environment and am part of Mijwan that is run by Shabana Azmi. Another strong concern is malnourished children.
You and I are blessed with food but so many children die due to lack of it. It’s vital that food be made available to everyone, which is why I have joined the NGO Save the Children. As an Indian, I think we don’t maintain good hygiene. We are always comparing ourselves with foreign countries but don’t realise we are living in unhygienic conditions.
Cleanliness and hygiene will mean fewer diseases and fewer people falling sick. Also, we talk about making our planet green but what are we doing about it? Each of us has to contribute in our own way. Start with making the environment pollution free and maintaining good hygiene. I have tremendous respect for anyone who associates with an important cause.
Education of a girl child is paramount. Educate one girl and educate the entire family. I am proud of DNA which is supporting the cause. When people come together for a cause like the iCan Women’s Marathon, besides fitness, I think it’s sheer willpower that will give you the strength to run. It’s like a giant meet where over 500 people will gather and call attention to the cause, which is very good.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Parineeti, I think U r the best Newcomer in Bollywood, I will pray to God that you get your aim in your life. Just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    Online Kids Shopping
    Buy Online Baby Strollers

    ReplyDelete