Monday 7 January 2013

If I make a mistake, Priyanka advises me, says Parineeti Chopra


Recently in the City to endorse ‘Kurkure’, Parineeti shares, “I never liked this (Bollywood) industry because I thought it was all about ‘looking good and dressing up well’. However, when I started understanding this profession, I then decided to become an actor.”

So while she used to fix up interviews for actors (while working as a PR Consultant with Yash Raj Films), she now herself gives interviews. “If I would have directly made a debut in Bollywood I wouldn’t have known what it is like to work behind the camera,” says Parineeti as she explains that she has been respectful towards people who work backstage because she has been one of them. 

Parineeti feels that contrary to the popular belief of her acting fitting a particular genre what she does naturally is the best and would not like to take up a course in acting. “I don’t think it should be a problem for an actor to have a cheerful disposition. If something like Black or Burfi! falls my way then it is my job to prepare and prove that I have the capability to deliver it.”

Life, however, hasn’t been the same for her because it is difficult to go to places that she used to visit everyday. “Becoming a known face affects your privacy a little bit. But if that wouldn’t have been the case I would have been depressed,” she chuckles.
Her recent avatar of a bahu in Kurkure commercial has raised questions but she says, “I am ok with the ‘bahu tag’ because it is for a character. I love acting but I also want to do other things such as TV commercials.” 

An established star today, Parineeti has time and often clarified that her entry in Bollywood has no connection with her cousin Priyanka Chopra.  “Aditya Chopra launched me with a three film contract but if Priyanka wouldn’t have been there, my parents would have never allowed me to become an actor. Today, if I make any mistake, Priyanka advises me. My family’s acceptance is because my big sister is in the same industry,” she confesses and signs off.    

No comments:

Post a Comment